NCR 53C400 or FD 9C50 DataSheets

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sat Feb 4 17:30:31 CST 2006

On 2/4/2006 at 4:29 PM Michael B. Brutman wrote:

>Does anybody have datasheets or application notes for these two?  The
>NCR chip was used on many SCSI controllers.  The FD 9C50 was used on
>their 8 bit SCSI products.

What with the game of hot potato that NCR/SymBIOS/Adaptec/LSI Logic turned
into, it's very difficult to find datasheets for NCR SCSI ICs, particularly
the later ones.

IIRC, if what you're wondering about is programming, I seem to remember
that the 53C400 supports 5380 programming as a subset.  And THAT chip can
be found:

http://www.national.com/ds/DP/DP5380.pdf

Don't know about the Future Domain part, though.

Cheers,
Chuck