best yardsale in a decade

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Mon Feb 6 17:17:18 CST 2006

On Feb 6 2006, 12:33, <dogas at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> There were a few incredible chips in pile that the foam really
screwed up...  check out:

>    http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/o/dogas/chips1.jpg
>
> There was a ceramic C8080A with the pins completly eaten away , a
Ceramic MOS 6532 that faired only a little better, a ceramic/traced AMI
6810, and a early plastic 6502 and 6530 among the more conventional
stuff.  Any recommendations on neutralizing/cleaning the gunk of the
ceramics?

The green icky stuff looks like verdigris.  I'd just scrub it off with
a toothbrush and warm water.  If that doesn't shift it, dilute acid
such as vinegar or lemon juice will, but rinse the ICs thoroughly
afterwards if you do that.

--
Pete						Peter Turnbull
						Network Manager