Original 11/74 front panel

Don North ak6dn at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 9 13:37:06 CST 2006

gordonjcp at gjcp.net wrote:
>> "Julian Wolfe (FireflyST)" <fireflyst at earthlink.net> wrote:
>>

>>> Okay, what I immediately noticed is that these machines say "MP" and
>>> Don's panel doesn't.
>>>
>> More differences: Don's panel have the location for the key moved to the
>> other side of the parity lamps. Which is rather weird.
>> Also, the screenprint of 11/74 looks shadowed, which is weird. And the
>> right hand side have a different color than the left hand side.
>>

> I think that was an artifact of scanning it.
>
> Gordon.

Completely true. This is not a digital photograph, but I put the panel
on a flatbed scanner with a 14" max capability. Since the panel is over
14" wide I had to scan it in two pieces and merge them; that accounts
for the vertical line artifact between the main lights and the switches
on the righthand side. One of these days I'll take a better single view
digital picture.

Don