Slightly OT: Bastard plagiarists

Curt @ Atari Museum curt at atarimuseum.com
Wed Feb 15 07:30:17 CST 2006

Its bad enough when people steal photo's from a site, its far worse when
they just link into your site and you get the pay the bandwidth costs so
someone can make some money, its not so bad when its one or two auctions
here or there...   I had a huge spike in bandwidth usage one time and
started to investigate, I had found nearly 4 dozen Atari related
auctions running on ebay at any given time using stolen images directly
linking from my server, so I cut off access to the ebay and subset
domains from accessing my site.    People on the net have gotten so used
to the "its free, its free!" mentality of the Internet, they forget that
somebody has to be paying these hosting and bandwidth bills someplace.

Curt