Data General MV/1400 info

James Fogg James at jdfogg.com
Wed Feb 15 14:42:10 CST 2006

My older brother was one of the developers of AOS/VS, the OS this machine ran. I have been looking for such a machine for a long time.

The MV's are early 32bit minis. They were competitive with the PDP's and other minis of the era (1980's).

They communicate with serial terminals mostly, and the terminal is slightly odd in its protocol (Dasher terminals). A DEC terminal will get you started, but will be frustrating.

There's a lot to know about these machines and there is at least one knowledgeable person on this list who has various DG equipment (other lines are the NOVA and ECLIPSE systems). They are one of the rarer minis.

And I apologize in advance for top-posting, and for the stupid little attachment that some users will see. I'm stuck on Outlook Web Access today and it doesn't play nice.