Problems booting a KDF11-BA

David Betz dbetz at xlisper.com
Sat Feb 18 09:29:03 CST 2006

I'm trying to get my KDF11-BA (M8189) CPU to boot and have gotten
past the memory test but the processor halts with an "03" in the
LEDs. According to the manual, this means "waiting for console
transmitter READY flag". Does anyone know what might cause this? I
have a terminal connected to the console port set to the correct baud
rate. I have also verified that all of the jumpers and switches on
the CPU are set correctly (to their factory defaults).

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
David Betz