Looking for Tiny Pascal

Eric Scharff eds_2 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 21 13:57:42 CST 2006

In Byte Magazine Vol. 3 Nos. 9, 10, and 11 (Sep 1978, Oct 1978,
Nov 1978)  there is an article written by Kin-Man Chung and
Herbert Yuen describing a "Tiny Pascal" compiler.  Tiny Pascal
compiles a subset of pascal to p-code, and then translates that
p-code into 8080 assembly.  The compiler is written in North
Star BASIC.

I found the articles in the local library, but I noticed that
the listings are incomplete (especially the p-code to 8080
translation program is absent)

I'm interested in tracking down the history and sources of this
compiler.  I have heard that it was ported to many other 8-bit
machines.  I'm trying to track down working versions of this
compiler and those from which it was derived.

Any resources would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Eric