stupid Ebay pus monkeys war Re: Stupid eBay user du jor

Chris M chrism3667 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 25 23:28:19 CST 2006

what about this larry.. guy on the west coast. What a
friggin moron! He apparently bought up ALL the Zenith
Z-100s west of the Mississippi (the rest belongs to
another ass-carrot named Herb right here in the great
state of NJ. But excuse me, I feel the sudden urge to
projectile vomit). At each and every auction he says
its the last one hes got. So I shoot him an e-mail
question, and his reply begins with - understand...I
dont know you. And he refused to give a shipping quote
until after I bid.
--- cctech-bounces at classiccmp.org
<ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> > > Even if the seller is not a collector and knows
nothing about what he's
> > > selling?
> >
> > Yep, even then. They should take a little bit of
pride in their work, and also
> >   do the rest of us the common courtesy of first
checking anything that they
> > present as fact.
> >
> > If the former isn't possible, there's absolutely
nothing wrong with listing an
> > item and admitting that they know nothing about
it! If the seller knows
> > nothing about the item, there's no reason for not
just saying so...

> Exactly.
>
> I've bought many things over the years -- at radio
rallies (hamfests), in
> second-hand shops, and on E-bay -- where the seller
doesn't know much, if
> anything, about it. Maybe it turned up in some
scrap, maybe it came from
> the estate of a relative, whatever. Often I've done
rather well by
> recognising something that others haven't recognised
(equally, I've
> kicked myself a few times for _not_ recognising
something as the missing
> part I need to complete a <foo>).
>
> And I have no problem with sellers not knowing much
about the item.
> Nobody can know everything.
>
> That does not excuse them from making up false
information. IMHO they
> should either take the time and trouble to check
(which may boost the
> final selling price, so it could be to their
adbantage), or just say
> noting. Present the facts (in this case just quote
what it says on the
> nameplate), let the buyers decide.
>
> IANAL but I think that presenting false information
like this would be
> classed as misrepresentation. And even 'innocent
misrepresentation' --
> giving false information when you had no reason to
suspect it was false,