PDP-11 booting, RL02 working!

Ashley Carder wacarder at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 2 14:35:32 CST 2006

> - lo and behold, "Booting up XXDP-XM Extended
>Monitor" followed by ... "V2.4, Rev. E1, booted from DL0, 124Kw
>memory, Non-Unibus system, restart address 152000, type H for
>help".
>
>Looks like I now have a working PDP-11 :)
>
>The pack has 727 files on it whose names are meaningless (to me
>anyway). XXDPXM.SYS etc. is obvious but there are hundreds of
>files from A to Z with names like "VKMHA0.BIN", "ZAFAC0.BIC" and
>some .LIB and .OBJ files too.
>
>What on earth do I have here? Is it something that anyone would be
>interested in copying?
>
>-Charles

Charles, congratulations on getting the PDP-11 booting!  What you
have there is an XXDP diagnostics pack.  All those "meaningless"
files are various diagnostics that can perform tests such as memory
checks, CPU tests, and tests of various peripherals.  There are several
places online that describe what the various diagnostics are.  One
site that I can think of is Henk's site at http://www.pdp-11.nl

Ashley