Speaking of 6502s, was Re: 70's micros still available - was 1802 problems

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at blazenet.net
Mon Jan 2 19:22:28 CST 2006

On Monday 02 January 2006 07:21 pm, Philip Pemberton wrote:
> In message <43B9704E.3070408 at sbcglobal.net>
>
>           Bob Rosenbloom <bobalan at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > I believe the Zilog Z80 is still made. At least it was in 2004.
> > May be a different part number though.
>
> The 65C02S is still manufactured - see
> <http://www.westerndesigncenter.com/>.

Speaking of 6502s,  I happen to have a whole bunch of those,  and some 6510s,
and 6522s and 6526s,  and perhaps even some 6551 (?) UARTs too.  Anybody have
anything particularly nifty that these would be good for?  I kinda like Garth
Wilson's workbench computer,  and definitely don't want to go the route that
some have gone (found on the web) where multiple floppy drives and writing a
bloody dos for it and all that sort of thing get involved.  Anybody know of
some simple monitor-type software that's out there?

And,  any suggestions for getting familiar with this stuff when most of my
8-bit thinking is the 8080/8085/z80 type parts?  The idea of rom on top of
address space and that whole zero-page bit and only a 256-byte stack still
strike me as pretty strange...

-
M Dakin