General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts

Billy Pettit Billy.Pettit at wdc.com
Tue Jan 3 13:06:13 CST 2006

 "Zane H. Healy" <healyzh at aracnet.com> wrote:

I'm leaning more and more towards DIY, and have been threatening to
buy a book or two on the subject (I've been thinking about the books
by Morgan Jones, "Valve Amplifiers, 3rd Ed." and "Building Valve
Amplifiers").  Part of it is the potential cost savings, and the
other part is simply the challenge of building my own setup.  I
should have pretty much all the equipment I need, I just need parts.

		Zane

There is a Dutch magazine with some valve projects that is worth your time
to look at.  Their projects are well documented.  And they offer
manufactured PCBs for everything they publish.  I consider the magazine the
best in the world for the electronics hobbiest.  Magazine is "Elektor".  It
has an English edition, expensive, but worth it.  Check their web site out.
Seems like they had a few valve projects last year that may give you a lot
of hints and ideas.  And give you some sources of quality valves.

Billy