DEC 874-A Power Conditioner

Gooijen, Henk henk.gooijen at oce.com
Wed Jan 4 01:22:55 CST 2006

Hi Richard,
I have one 11/03, but AFAIK (I'm at work now) there is no switch
on the front panel of the 03 to control on/off. However, if your
11/03 is mounted in a (small) rack you can add a simple plate
with an on/off switch. Any small switch will be fine, because
you switch approx. 20 VDC, not 230 VAC (or 115 VAC).
All the power bus connectors have 3 pins, and they are all wired
in parallel. IIRC, the middle pin is the return-GND, and when
looking at the plug-in side of the socket on the power controller,
the left one is power-on.
A simple test will confirm this. Just set the small switch to
"remote" and the short-circuit the 2 left-most pins.
If the main relay "bangs" in you got the correct 2 pins :-)
Wire the 2 pins to the small switch at the front side and you
have made the remote turn-of/off option :-)

- Henk.

> Hey!  This is sounding familiar!  My 11/03 has an 861 power
> controller on it and I have the three-position toggle switch
> as well.  Thanks for explaining what those settings are!  I
> had no idea what this meant when I first got the machine, but
> I had the switch set to "local on"
> and then the unit would power up.
>
> However, this idea that there's a way to powerup from the
> front panel on an 11/03 intrigues me!  Unfortunately I see no
> obvious button that powers up the machine.  Is this possible
> with an 861 and if there is not existing switch, what would
> you add to enable this feature?
> --
> "The Direct3D Graphics Pipeline"-- code samples, sample chapter, FAQ:
>           <http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/book/>
>              Pilgrimage: Utah's annual demoparty
>                 <http://pilgrimage.scene.org>

This message and attachment(s) are intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
If you are not the intended recipient or agent thereof responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone and with a "reply" message.
Thank you for your cooperation.