Recent history: Apple/Sun merger

Brad Parker brad at heeltoe.com
Thu Jan 12 11:59:53 CST 2006

"'Computer Collector Newsletter'" wrote:
>http://www.theregister.com/2006/01/12/sun_apple_snapple/
>
>"Sun Microsystems tried to acquire Apple once and then almost merged with
>Apple on two other occasions, according to Sun co-founder Bill Joy."

There were some "mac/os running on sun/os" projects inside apple at one
point.  At least on paper.  I'm not sure if they got very far code wise,
however.

As I recall (dimly) this was in the 68k mac era.  I don't remember
exactly when - i just remember it was during the time when I was on a
first name basis with all of the TWA Boston<->SF crews :-)

-brad