Pertec interface

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Thu Jan 12 16:24:11 CST 2006

On Thursday 12 January 2006 17:15, Richard wrote:
> In article <43C6CE61.1090205 at msm.umr.edu>,
>
>     jim stephens <jwstephens at msm.umr.edu>  writes:
> > There are scsi to pertec interfaces, but were rare, and therefore
> > probably if you
> > found one, would also come with someone wanting to sell the tape
> > drive it is attached to.
> >
> > There are PDP-11 pertec controllers.  Same with Sun3 multibus -
> > VME.  I had a fujitsu 2444 which came from a sun 3/280, and it had
> > a multibus in the sun VME adapter frame.
> >
> > PCI/ISA includes Overland Data if you can find the controller.  I
> > had trouble
> > running the 2444 on the Overland TXI, so be warned on that.
>
> So it sounds like the best bet is to try and find a controller for
> the Sun 3/110 that I have.  (Particularly since this is a drive that
> was sold for Sun systems.)  Does anyone have a part/model number for
> the Sun 3 VME controller?

I believe it was the Xylogics 472 (I've got one at home in my 3/180):

501-1155 Xylogics 472 1/2" Tape Controller Assembly, 9U VMEbus
501-1187 - 9U VME Adapter Assembly for Xylogics 472
370-1067 - Xylogics 472 Multibus 1/2" Tape controller

The bottom two part numbers are the parts that make up the whole kit
(the top line), if I remember correctly.

Pat