Fujitsu 2444 data rate setting (was Re: Pertec interface)

David Comley david_comley at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 12 16:54:40 CST 2006

I remember reading somewhere that this data rate was
configurable by poking the right combination of
buttons on the front panel of the 2444. I've been have
problems with VMS backups hanging part way through,
and the drive just stopping in its tracks (no pun
intended) It occurred to me it might be related to
this data rate setting but I can't find the writeup
any more. Does Chuck or anyone happen to know how this
is done ?

Dave