AC power on front panels

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Mon Jan 16 12:59:00 CST 2006

On Monday 16 January 2006 04:09, Gooijen, Henk wrote:
> > Some of my kit stays plugged in even when it's powered off.
> > This tends to be stuff I'm pretty confident in, like the PDP-11.
>
> I always pull the plugs on my PDP-11s, because the small
> transformer in the power controller is always connected.

You could also just flip off the breaker on the power controller, which
disconnects everything* in the PCU from the mains.  Almost everything I keep
plugged in 24x7 (short of light fixtures and one or two unimportant peecees)
is also on a UPS.

* Except for the EMI filter, inlet power cable, plug from the wall, etc. :)

Pat