Best computer history museums in the US?

William Blair wbblair3 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 22 17:02:59 CST 2006

I've heard that the Computer History Museum in Mountain View CA is a good one.  Any comments?  If
one had to choose only one (pre-PC) computer history museum to visit in the US, would that be the
one to choose?

Please provide leads to any other good computer museums in the US that have good hardware
collections.  I'm interested in pre-PC computer history only.  The history of IC technology
development also interests me and I'd enjoy hearing about any US museums/exhibits which focus on
that topic.

Thanks,
Bill