Anyone looking for laptop memory?

Angel Martin Alganza ama at ugr.es
Wed Jan 25 07:50:12 CST 2006

Hello Chuck,

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 05:23:29PM -0800, Chuck Guzis wrote:
> While looking for my cache of PMC MO disks, I stumbled on a box with some
> NOS memory modules.  I think I got these when I bid on a mixed lot of old
> memory modules that had one that I really wanted.

I have a Compaq Contura 410CX.  It's a 486DX2-66 with 12MB in which
current versions of FreeBSD, OpenBSD or NetBSD won't install because
of the little RAM.  I've had running FreeBSD, muLinux and Tiny Linux
on it, but I really would like to be able to install a current version
of one of the BSD, which I think it would be possible with a little
more RAM.

I don't know how to access the RAM on this machine.  I'll try to look
for a technical description and see which kind of RAM it takes, and
get back to you if it¡s one of the kinds you have mentioned.

Anybody else knows anything about this Contura, its RAM or its tech
specs or something which might help?

Thank you!

--
 Angel Martin Alganza             Tel +34 958 248 926
 Departamento de Genetica         Fax +34 958 244 073
 Universidad de Granada             mailto:ama at ugr.es
 C/ Fuentenueva s/n            http://www.ugr.es/~ama
 E-18071 Granada, Spain   JabberID alganza at jabber.org
 /~\ The ASCII            PGP Public key:
 \ / Ribbon Campaign      www.ugr.es/~ama/ama-pgp-key
  X  Against HTML Email      3EB2 967A 9404 6585 7086
 / \ and MS attachments      8811 2CEC 2F81 9341 E591