Fixing CoCo3's (was: grinding down chips...

Roger Merchberger zmerch at 30below.com
Sat Jan 28 08:27:15 CST 2006

Rumor has it that Jos Dreesen / Marian Capel may have mentioned these words:

>If you meant to say : I want to repair this machine which has a broken
>unobtainable vlsi chip, then forget it . A oneoff copy of a vlsi chip
>in  a FPGA is just plain too much work.

With all due respect, *please* keep that attitude away from the Tandy Color
Computer List! :-O

There are people doing *exactly that* to try to keep our beloved CoCo3's
running once the GIME chip start giving up the magic smoke in quantity.

In the immortal words of Bartles & Jaymes: Thank you for your support.
;-)

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger  --  SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers
zmerch at 30below.com

Hi! I am a .signature virus.  Copy me into your .signature to join in!