Common items you passed up that turned rare when you wanted them

Teo Zenios teoz at neo.rr.com
Mon Jan 30 22:58:01 CST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "William Donzelli" <aw288 at osfn.org>
To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts"
<cctalk at classiccmp.org>
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2006 9:29 PM
Subject: Re: Common items you passed up that turned rare when you wanted
them

> > I was wondering have you guys ever seen piles of computer equipment that
was
> > dirt cheap but you didn't bother grabbing at the time only to see them
> > become rare and desired later on?
>
> It would be harder to come up with a list of the opposite.
>
> William Donzelli
> aw288 at osfn.org

Everybody probably has stories on passing up items that ended up being worth
money on ebay later on. I was thinking more of things you ended up wanting
for your own collection later on, but passed up when it was easy to find
earlier. For instance 16MB 30 pin SIMMs were fairly cheap at some point but
I never stocked up on them, now I have all these older Macs and add-on cards
that can use them but they are hard to come by cheap.