DSSI and StorageWorks questions

Scott Quinn compoobah at valleyimplants.com
Fri Jun 2 21:56:43 CDT 2006

I'm still trying to hack together a HSD05AA SBB into my VAX 4200 (I know there are better ways to do this, but my budget is about
$20 so getting a SCSI-equipped VAX or DSSI cables are somewhat out of the question).

2 questions:

(1) in the HD50 -> MR cable (BC29R), is it wired 1-1, 2-2 . . . 50-50 ?

(2) Will the StorageWorks stuff operate with a "faked" backplane consisting of power + SCSI signals? I took apart a SBB sled to check the
pinout, and it has some species of PAL in there, not sure how that interfaces with things.