VT100 keyboard -> PS2?

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw at lug-owl.de
Sat Jun 10 01:16:10 CDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-06-10 07:40:03 +0200, Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw at lug-owl.de> wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-06-10 13:03:02 +0800, Wai-Sun Chia <waisun.chia at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Has anybody interfaced a VT100 keyboard (1/4 plug) to a modern PeeCee?
> > This either via a PS/2 or USB interface...
>
> I'm using a LK401 (or alternatively a LK201) keyboard on my PeeCee with
> Linux. I soldered a little adapter to supply power and be able to
> interface to a modern DE9 plug. Look at the comments in the driver's
> source (drivers/input/keyboard/lkkbd.c) for the adaptor pinout.

Just to explicitely mention it: the commands accepted and the returned
key scancodes are different compared to a simple PS/2 keyboard so
there is no simple interfacing. Either you connect it by serial with a
driver capable of handling a LK keyboard, or you need something like a
microcontroller in between to handle protocol translation.

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw       jbglaw at lug-owl.de    . +49-172-7608481             _ O _
"Eine Freie Meinung in  einem Freien Kopf    | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg  _ _ O