Tek 555 was Re: Need pointers on Oscilloscopes

Christian Corti cc at corti-net.de
Sat Jun 10 04:40:57 CDT 2006

On Fri, 9 Jun 2006, Jim Beacon wrote:
> can you tell me what the small monitor scope in the picture of the 555 is?

:-))
It's a RIM Oszillette. RIM was a shop/seller in Munich that was widely
known to sell interesting kits, mainly in the 60s/70s. They sold
electronic parts, amplifiers, power supply etc. and many things as a kit.
One of the kits was the Oszillette, a small scope with a tiny Valvo scope
tube and only 4 or 5 other valves. We have it on the picture to show the
difference: tiny 5 valve scope compared to huge over 100 valve scope (plus
external power supply), as much as in our LGP-30!
The Oszillette has no trigger, it's free running with sync and frequency
adjustments via front knobs, and only 1:1 and 1:10 signal inputs.

Christian