DN10000s

r.stricklin bear at typewritten.org
Sat Jun 10 17:23:50 CDT 2006

On May 25, 2006, at 7:48 PM, Al Kossow wrote:

>> Apollo should have open-documented their stuff.
>
> Yup.. A huge problem for Apollo historical preservation.
>
> I don't even know what might still exist inside HP for the early
> stuff.

Absolutely nothing, and that's confirmed. Boeing was the last
existing Apollo customer with systems still in production until
September of 2005. The final three years of which all hardware
maintenance was  performed in-house, scavenging parts from
decomissioned machines. All leftover parts cleared surplus by
CYE2005, which is a pity as I owed DOMAIN keyboards to a few folks
and now I am not sure if I'll be able to make good on it.

I think the FAA were the second-to-last existing Apollo customer. Not
sure when they finally retired their last systems, but it was years
before Boeing did.

ok
bear