Question For The List

Jules Richardson julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 13 07:20:30 CDT 2006

Jim Leonard wrote:
> Billy Pettit wrote:
>> But let's ask the list:  is there anybody else out there or that you know
>> who buys a product only if it has repair documentation available?
>
> Since I have 0% electronics repair skills, no.

These days, being able to check that it's turned on or has working batteries
is counted as an "electronics repair skill" it seems - so you probably have
about 25%, not 0% :-)

> Computer parts without any moving parts should last forever, and in my
> experience, they usually do (if cared for properly).

Natural chip decay will get 'em all in the end, but IMHO they should last for
a significant part of a person's lifetime, though.

cheers

Jules