SBC6120 (a build-it-yourself PDP-8 clone) grammer checked

woodelf bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca
Wed Jun 14 22:05:22 CDT 2006

Tony Duell wrote:

> Have you (or anyone else) come across the 'Improverished Radio
> Experimenter' books? THey're fairly modern (in the last 5 years or so),
> and describe making valve receivers using this type of construction. The
> valves go into those screw-terminal octal sockets normally used for
> relays, coils, including the IF transformers are hand-wound on cardboard
> tubes, etc). The result is a 3 valve superhet that takes up most of a
> desk, but which apparently works.
I seen a few mail order places selling them but I want to get

"The Voice of the Crystal" -- build everything from scratch.
"Instruments of Amplification" -- build tubes/valves and transistors
from scratch.

I watch a lot of Japanese animation and they often having a si-fi
or alternate history setting have great "what if" inventions or
another version of common place things. If you like older space travel
the Japanese animated movie "The Royal Space Force:The wings of Honneamis"
is one to watch but it may be very hard to find.