PCW's 25 worst tech products of all time

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Wed Jun 21 21:47:39 CDT 2006

On 6/21/2006 at 8:25 PM Michael B. Brutman wrote:

>A bigger shortcoming that I should have mentioned was having the
>keyboard using the NMI interrupt instead of IRQ1.  I forget the exact
>reason for this, but it resulted in a lot of lost keystrokes an annoying
>beeps.

Reason?  So the Peanut user could mess up his modem and floppy transfers by
banging on the keyboard at the wrong time? Maybe to make sure that no one
would try to hack in an 8087 NDP?

I wonder if it was because the chicklet keybard had no internal buffering,
so NMI was thought to make it possible to grab keys as soon as they were
hit.

Cheers,
Chuck