Identifying cctalk messages

Jules Richardson julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 26 14:47:18 CDT 2006

Jim Isbell, W5JAI wrote:
> Computer litterate is not the question.  ( have been designing
> computers since the IBM 7070 in 1960)  I have filters, yes, but I also
> get a list of mail that I can scroll down without sorting the mail
> first which to me is just an extra step that makes it harder.  I like
> scrolling doen the entire list of 300 post a day and clicking on the
> ones I want to see then deleting the batch.  Without an identifying
> signature in the subject this is not possible and I am forced to use
> "your" method of sorting into separate boxes then going to each box
> and reading the mail there then going to the next box...etc....etc.
> which I find tedious.

Can your mail client colour (or otherwise mark) messages according to a set of
rules? Maybe that's an option if you don't want to move them based on source
to their own folder (and assuming that your mail client can't rewrite the
subject line to your choosing)?

(I just checked Thunderbird, and to my surprise it doesn't seem to have an
option to pipe the message through an external process based on rules, which
surprised me. I'm sure I've seen other mail clients that can do this)

cheers

Jules