Identifying cctalk messages

Jay West jwest at classiccmp.org
Mon Jun 26 17:33:24 CDT 2006

Jim wrote....
> This is a ridiculous argument.  Just shoot down mine as saying
> "everyone else is doing it" and that makes yours right???
I apologize, I must not have been clear. I was saying your statement that
ClassicCMP should tag the subject because every other list does was not a
great convincer. I was not at all saying classiccmp was right because
everyone else does it our way (which isn't correct, obviously, as you {and
I} stated).

> But because this one and the Chunky Child Mothers Porn site are the only
> two that dont identify themselves, I just dont know which one I am
> opening.
I would think the subject lines by themselves would easily distinguish
between these two ;) I hope ;)

> If I allow my mail program to display the headers along....
Woah... no one said, inferred, nor suggested anything of the sort! I don't
think most would consider having to wade through headers on each email is a
good solution. But, we're here to help. Exactly what email client are you
using? I bet we can find a solution for you with the win-win of getting you
more familiar with your software.

Best regards,

Jay West