Commodore Computer Devotees Tinker With the Past

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Wed Jun 28 19:01:10 CDT 2006

On Wednesday 28 June 2006 06:29 pm, Billy Pettit wrote:
> Roy,
> I think the problem is that the list server folded the url over two lines.

I thought I'd dealt with that.  Maybe not.

> The truncated url takes you to the registration - the whole url does not.
> If you copy and paste, you should be able to read the article.  And if I
> knew how, I should have created a tiny url....  Sorry

I just tried it again with the same results.  I removed the ">" characters
within the URL,  and the space that showed up within "story" and bugmenot
doesn't seem to be doing me any good.  Three tries now,  and my status line
says "receiving username and password" and nothing happens.

> But you shouldn't need to register.

Yeah,  I don't think so either,  but those jerks keep setting up sites like
that...

Hardly ever used it,  but I also have a "tinyurl" button in my toolbar.  :-)

-
M Dakin