C Compilers for (MS)DOS

Jules Richardson julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 10 08:12:55 CST 2006

Jules Richardson wrote:

> What's the state of play regarding DOS C compilers? I might have a need
> to do some DOS-based C development work - are there any good-but-free
> DOS compilers about?

Forgot to say thanks to everyone for their thoughts - I think Turbo C's
probably the way to go then, and from memory it'll do nice stuff like inline
assembler too...

(I want to try to put a serial console onto Dave Dunfield's Imagedisk code so
I can control it from a remote box and not need a screen/keyboard on the
Imagedisk machine. Ideally Ethernet and telnet would be the way to go, but I
think asking something like that of my brain is too much to expect :-)

ta

Jules