Heathkit H8 (new unbuilt) on ebay

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Tue Mar 14 14:46:31 CST 2006

In article <20060314190548.92726.qmail at web31906.mail.mud.yahoo.com>,
    James Gessling <jgessling at yahoo.com>  writes:

> Holy cow!  I (and a lot others) would like to have one
> of these.  But at a starting bid of US$ 1,000?  Too
> rich for me, but anyway have a look at number:
> 5880139320

The same seller has an unbuilt Heathkit RT-1 Hero Jr. starting at $2k
:-)

Given that H8s seem to sell for at least $300 in built, used condition
(sometimes without manuals), the initial bid seems reasonable.
However, if I bought it, I don't know if I'd build it as the museum /
collectable value would be destroyed by that, which is mostly what
you're paying for.

I understand the value in building your own computer, but if you want
that value then I'd recommend buying an Apple 1 replica kit or
something like that.
             Pilgrimage: Utah's annual demoparty
                <http://pilgrimage.scene.org>