offlist------Re: Z-100 (was Heathkit H8 (new unbuilt) on ebay)

Chris M chrism3667 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 15 23:04:13 CST 2006

Hi...got a lead on a Z100. Any images you can provide
would be greatly apprecited. I have other
pseudo-compatible images (Tandy 2000, NEC APC III,
etc.) if youre interested.
--- cctech-bounces at classiccmp.org
<acme_ent at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> woodelf wrote:
> > Well I did get one for a song as Z-100 seems to
ring a bell,about 10 years
> >  ago but I had to toss it since  it came with no
DOS with it. It was a
> > nice machine, but with no Internet to get a OS
booted for it was useless.

> Ben, that's a shame :-(((  When I got mine from Joe
Rigdon a
> few years back it had all of the OS disks except for
CP/M-85,
> which Don Maslin (MHRIP) was kind enough to provide.
>
> I partitioned the hard drive into thirds, and set it
up for
> dual-boot (ZDOS and CP/M-86).
>
> Unfortunately, the version of CP/M-85 Don sent me
does not
> support a hard drive.  I've never taken the time to
patch it
> for hard drive support, since I really like CP/M-86.
 If I
> ever do, I'll install it on the third partition.
>
> I made Teledisk images for all three of the Z-100
CP/M-86
> disks, so if anyone out there needs 'em I'll be glad
to share.