offlist------Re: Z-100 (was Heathkit H8 (new unbuilt) on ebay)

Jim E Neutron nanoman at stny.rr.com
Thu Mar 16 06:58:09 CST 2006

Hi Chris,

What information on the Z-100 are you looking for.

The Z-100 computer was a great machine for its time.

S-100 slots for things like A/D/A and I/O cards
                                       Harddisk controller (20 MByte
ST-225 - never thought I could fill it!).

Reprogram the video for 640 x 512 interlaced monochrome (of course
you will need to create graphic character set).
Reprogram the Disk Drive for 96 TPI

Use a tether to connect a RAM chip for imaging (remove metal lid on
ceramic package and etch the protective layer - play with the DRAM
256K = 512x512 refresh rate.)

CPM
P-System
DOS

I have a copy of TT-04 rev 03 Zenith Technical Training Manual, which
is a great reference for 8088/86 programming.

Another great reference is the PUP (Programmers Utility Pack) 8088/86
programming.

nanoman