Sorting large box of 72 pin SIMMs - looking for chip ID guide

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 06:14:11 CST 2006

Hi,

I have a largish box of random 72-pin memory, but I can't seem to find
a guide online that will help me differentiate the types of memory
based on the manufacturer's chip numbers.  I recall back in the day,
one could look at the last couple of digits of the memory chip part
number to tell FPM from EDO, etc.  Unfortunately, two evenings of
googlings has only found me consumer-level guides to help clueless PC
owners tell SIMMs from DIMMs - nothing at the chip level.

Thanks for any pointers,

-ethan