NCD firmware

Jules Richardson julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 20 14:50:10 CST 2006

Don Y wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I asked this on the REScUE list a week or so ago and belatedly
> realized *this* would be a better forum.  So...
>
> Does anyone happen to have access to an NCD-19c/88K running
> firmware (i.e. boot ROM) more recent than 2.6.0?

Not sure what versions the ones I have access to are running, and I won't be
able to check for a few months I'm afraid :-(

There's a guy over on www.m88k.org who was working at replacing the stock boot
firmware with their own code; you might want to contact them in case they have
images of the ROMs that you need... (it looks like he probably has access to
2.7.3 at least)

Oh, by the way, I seem to remember that the 88k boxes had the firmware for the
whole system in sockets on the network card - so you'll presumably need
firmware dumps from a machine with the same type of network board that you
have, or nothing's going to work...

> Yeah, I know, they're all boat anchors... :>  But, with a little
> TLC they seem to just keep humming...

If only they'd handle 24 bit colour I'd probably still use one on the desk at
home I think. Nice little boxes.

cheers

Jules