Powerstation 370

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Wed Mar 22 10:15:11 CST 2006

On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 08:25:05AM -0600, Doc Shipley wrote:
> Robert Borsuk wrote:
> >Sorry.  I should have said Doc and/or Sridhar.
>
>   And Pat Finnegan.  :)  I think Pat has a reasonably complete chart of
> the various RS/6000 and pSeries machines, with CPU type, latest version
> of AIX supported, etc.

Unfortunately, my web site is down for the moment - I had some raid
issues with the machine, and am moving it to another one now; it should
be up later today or tomorrow.

At least I had backups. :)

>   The easiest rule of thumb for non-rack-mount systems is that if it's
> black, it'll probably run AIX v5.3.  If it's beige, it'll run up to
> v5.1, FSVO "run".

Except that the 43P-150, and F50 are beige but are also CHRP (will run >
5.1), and SP nodes are all either black or silver, depending on how you
look at them. :)

Oh, and add the H50 to that list (it's a rackmount version of the F50 -
we have a few at work).

Pat