Hospital surplus?

John Foust jfoust at threedee.com
Wed Mar 22 21:33:39 CST 2006

At 09:03 PM 3/22/2006, Chuck Guzis wrote:
>When I was in high school, I built a mercury diffusion vacuum pump that
>used quite a bit of mercury.  All those vapors probably explains my
>mad-as-a-hatter personality today.

Apparently, it leads to an obsessive-compulsive disorder
where the poisoned tries to collect as much computer junk
as will fit on his property.

There's plenty on the web that describes the various effects
of exposure.  Not all of it is unbiased.  Certainly the effects
of long-term low-level exposure could be different from the
effects of short-term (but probably high-level) exposure of
the average tinkering teen who played with the liquid metal.

- John