SCSI LV-D

Bruce Lane kyrrin at bluefeathertech.com
Fri Mar 24 06:03:06 CST 2006

	Plenty of LVD compatible PC-based host adapters available. The Tekram DC390U/W comes immediately to mind, as does Adaptec's AHA2940U2W.

	Happy hunting.

On 18-Mar-06 at 22:56 Robert Borsuk wrote:

>I have a bunch of these drives and I use them in my SGI systems.
>I've never been able to find a controller that let's me use them in a
>PC.  If you find one that works, I would appreciate hearing about.
>
>Thanks
>Rob
>

>On Mar 18, 2006, at 2:11 PM, Roy J. Tellason wrote:

>>> Most likely Low Voltage Differential.
>>
>> What I was thinking...
>>
>>> Many LVD drives can also be run single-ended (either by autosensing
>>> the connection *or* with a strapping option on the drive).
>>> Without a model number, it's hard to tell.
>>
>> I don't know why (and can't seem to lay hands on the book I was
>> using for
>> reference in this) I assumed that it couldn't be used single-
>> ended.  The
>> model is IBM DNES-318350 E182115 F,  and yeah,  it does say "LVD/
>> SE" on
>> there.   :-0
>>
>> --
>> Member of the toughest, meanest, deadliest, most unrelenting -- and
>> ablest -- form of life in this section of space,  a critter that can
>> be killed but can't be tamed.  --Robert A. Heinlein, "The Puppet
>> Masters"
>> -
>> Information is more dangerous than cannon to a society ruled by
>> lies. --James
>> M Dakin

Bruce Lane, Owner & Head Hardware Heavy,
Blue Feather Technologies -- http://www.bluefeathertech.com
kyrrin (at) bluefeathertech do/t c=o=m
"If Salvador Dali had owned a computer, would it have been equipped with surreal ports?"