Commodore 64 for grabs

Jim Leonard trixter at oldskool.org
Mon Mar 27 20:48:02 CST 2006

David Griffith wrote:
> Here's a guy who's doing a very good job at replicating the SID on FPGA.

I am a complete noob on this subject matter (something that is most
likely going to get me booed off the stage in about five seconds) but
wouldn't there be a way to just, I don't know, slice open the chip
somehow and trace things to reproduce the chip exactly?  (Ignore
patent/copyright issues for now, I'm just curious in the technical
feasibility of the process.)  Is something like that possible?