OT: Where have electronics hobby stores gone?

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sat Nov 4 10:31:52 CST 2006

On 4 Nov 2006 at 7:13, Tim Shoppa wrote:

> On the surplus side of the equation, are we going to sit around
> and lament that Poly-Paks isn't in business anymore or what???!!!!

Has anyone really downloaded the ETT catalog and examined it?  My
point was that they offer a bewildering variety of educational and
hobbyist kits--for Thai consumption.  I could not care less about B&M
store presence.

While it's true we have our Jameco and JDR, their hobbyist and
educational offerings are no match.

While it's true that the business of hobbyist suppliers is a chicken-
and-egg sort of situation, it's also the hobbyist market that keeps
our professional ranks supplied.  And the catalog should speak
volumes as to where the West's supply of said professionals is
headed.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Cheers,
Chuck