11/44 memory question

Jay West jwest at classiccmp.org
Sat Nov 4 22:04:27 CST 2006

It would appear that the slots designated "MEMORY" in the 11/44 (slots 9-12
in the *system* backplane) are actually "Extended Unibus" slots. My reading
is that these slots allow 22 bits of memory addressing instead of 18.

So, of they are still "unibus" slots, does that mean that if there is one
board in slot 9, that slots 10-12 should have grant continuity cards (G727)?

If they are unibus slots I would certainly think so, but they are designated
for memory only... and I can't find any reference to using grant cards there
for non-populated memory slots.

Anyone know off the top of their head?

Jay