RA81 destruction

Jules Richardson julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 6 05:04:55 CST 2006

Jay West wrote:
> I had written...
>> > but they are clearly dead
>
> To which Jules responded.
>> How do you know?
>
> Because the collector on this list who gave me all the RA81's said they
> were tested and dead, and he put the "Bad HDA" tags on the front. But
> you're right I shouldn't take his word for it. I should retest them all.

I suppose the 'right' thing to do would be to at least run the diags and offer
the units up on here along with diag results. Seems a shame to kill a unit for
the sake of what might be an easy repair to you or someone else.

But... time is not infinite and all that, plus these aren't exactly easy
critters to ship if someone *did* want one! :-)

(I'm facing the same problem with some of my stuff - masses of untested parts,
potentially the chance of building up a few working systems which then would
be useful to people, but no time to actually do it. I suppose it's one of
those things that plagues a lot of us...)

cheers

Jules

--
If you've ever wondered how you get triangles from a cow
You need buttermilk and cheese, and an equilateral chainsaw