Discussion of large systems

Roger Merchberger zmerch-cctalk at 30below.com
Tue Nov 7 13:05:06 CST 2006

Rumor has it that jwhitton may have mentioned these words:

>Which leads me to wonder if anyone ever produced a general purpose
>oscillagraphic device for conventional printing use, as opposed to a plotter
>or recorder?

It would depend on how you define "General Purpose." CompuGraphic had one
(the 8400 is the one I worked with) that used photo paper you had to
develop, but it was designed more for typography. If you define typographic
uses as "general purpose" than there was. If not, you prolly won't find any
because the photographic paper was quite expensive.

I'd wager that Linotype & others had similar systems, but I only worked
with the CompuGraphic back in the day.

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | "Profile, don't speculate."
SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers |     Daniel J. Bernstein