lisadraw

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Tue Nov 7 15:39:54 CST 2006

In article <200611071921.OAA07952 at Sparkle.Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>,
    der Mouse <mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca>  writes:

> There are at least two PC operating systems that cost $0 and work
> perfectly well [...]

Assuming all I care about with my PC is clone-ware of commercial
software and xterm, yeah, that's useful.  Otherwise, its a turd
wrapped in silver foil.

At any rate, you miss my point.  Even those "free" operating systems
aren't written in hand-crafted assembly.  They are written with
exactly the same techniques and tools used by commercial operating
systems.