Need Docs for XT RAM Board...

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Nov 10 18:57:47 CST 2006

On 10 Nov 2006 at 19:29, Teo Zenios wrote:

> Didn't some manufacturer sell a machine with SRAM instead of DRAM for a
> short period of time when DRAM and SRAM prices were about the same? It was
> supposed to be a screamer at the time.

In the PC world, I don't know.  But SRAM was fairly popular in the S-
100 world, even with its higher power dissipation.  My old MITS
Altair had 2 boards of 4K TI DRAM and it would drop bits if you
looked at it crossways.  When I replaced those with some SSM static
RAM boards (91L02s), I was much happier.

Cheers,
Chuck