OT Monitor glass question

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue Nov 14 16:12:20 CST 2006

On 14 Nov 2006 at 16:56, Patrick Finnegan wrote:

> Realistically, it's probably not something I'd worry about too much..
> that's a fairly small defect in the glass (which on the front of a CRT
> is quite thick).  I'd be more worried if there was a crack or a deep
> hole.

What Patrick said.  Years ago, I used a 20" monitor that had a
visible crack in the funnel.  It worked fine and didn't implode until
about  7 years later  when the recycling folks did what they do to
all CRTs--bust 'em up.

The glass in the faceplate's a lot thicker than that in the funnel.

Cheers,
Chuck