Need Docs for XT RAM Board...

Gordon JC Pearce gordon at gjcp.net
Wed Nov 15 02:22:02 CST 2006

Tony Duell wrote:

> In any case, you should be more worried about damaging the PCB (for
> example the through-hole plating) than the chips. 64K DRAMs are not hard
> to get, after all. In fact, if I wasn't sure of my abilities to desolder
> the ICs, I'd cut the pins off them and then desolder them one at time
> from the PCB.

Been there, done that, repaired the resulting mess with blue wire.  Not
nice.

A really hot temperature-controlled iron is the way to go.  Either that
or as you say, snip the chip and pick the pins out one at a time.

I'm dreading removing the 30-pin thick film module that's wedged tightly
between other thick-film modules in one of my synthesizers.

Gordon.