Vax 4000-200 - The Saga continues

Adrian Graham witchy at binarydinosaurs.co.uk
Fri Nov 17 02:13:53 CST 2006

On 17/11/06 05:10, "Rod Smallwood" <RodSmallwood at mail.ediconsulting.co.uk>
wrote:

> This is mostly correct.... But what they don't say is the system gets
> left in a minimum condition.

Since you're only really doing this to reset the password the lack of other
devices is unimportant, all you need access to is sys$system:sysuaf.dat.

> OK so lets try reversing the commands at the SYSBOOT prompt
>
> SYSBOOT>  SET/STARTUP SYS$SYSTARTUP_VMS.COM;2

Set/start sys$system:startup.com. I'm not aware of any file called
sys$systartup_vms.com, the site specific file is
sys$manager:systartup_vms.com.

You can see this yourself by doing SHOW/START when you first get to SYSBOOT.

--
Adrian/Witchy
Binary Dinosaurs creator/curator