TC08 in an FPGA

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Nov 22 13:02:49 CST 2006

On Nov 22, 2006, at 11:34 AM, Al Kossow wrote:
>> For the TC08 and similar devices, the issue really comes down to
>> the Posibus interface and the Blinkenlights.  Both are key features
>> of the TC08, and both are very pin-hungry.
>
> Lights can be serially multiplexed to an external holding
> register / light
> driver  on the panel.

   Duh, I should read to the end of my mail spool before I reply. ;)
This is very much along the lines of what I suggested in my earlier
email, but I was envisioning the two sides of that serial link being
on the same board.  Running a nice narrow cable carrying LVDS signals
up to the lamp panel is a very appealing idea.

> A TC08 on an omnibus card would be useful too.

   *drooool*  Oh yes. :-)

                -Dave

--
Dave McGuire